Tax and Employment in the Arts Factsheet
This latest edition of the Tax and Employment in the Arts Factsheet was updated in March 2023.
The Factsheet includes information on:
- The advantages and challenges of self-employment
- Registering as self-employed
- Artist Exemption
- Being employed (PAYE) as well as self-employed
- Being unemployed as well as self-employed
- Filing your tax return
- Record Keeping
- Tax bands and tax credits
- A Covid19 Addendum which covers the Pandemic Unemployment Payment (PUP) – a payment made to individuals during the Covid-19 Pandemic, and which closed in early 2022.