This course introduces actors to performing for audiences of all ages.
- Bridging the divide between the performer and the audience.
- Our physical presence and how to arrive at a state of calm and openness to our audience.
- How the actor’s focus can become the audience’s focus.
- How to bring mischief into your play. Be BOLD in your play and how to FAIL with aplomb.
- Chorus work. Moving and working as a team.
- Gauging your audience’s level of excitement, fear, attention or boredom.
- How? Why? What to do next?
Also Muireann Ahern introduces
- European models of theatre practice for young audiences.
- Knowing our audience and age appropriate work.
Finally… there will be an opportunity to play in front of a young audience to apply course techniques.
To apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV, headshot and brief note outlining why you would like to participate. Please include ‘Actor Training’ and the preferred dates on the subject line.
Closing date for applications is Friday 16 March 2018.