Druid is now accepting applications for its residency programme, FUEL. FUEL is open to theatre makers based in the West of Ireland: Galway, Mayo, Roscommon, Sligo, Leitrim, Longford and Clare.
Druid is looking for ambitious, original artists who have the drive to bring their work to fruition and the desire to develop their creative practice.
FUEL 2018 offers a nine-month programme run by Druid and based in the Mick Lally Theatre, Galway. The programme will respond to the needs of selected artists but broadly speaking, it will offer:
- Workshops with theatre professionals
- Development and rehearsal periods in the Mick Lally Theatre
- Engagement with Druid’s artistic programme through attendance at rehearsals, meetings with Ensemble members and invitations to events
- The opportunity to showcase your work at The Mick Lally Theatre
- Advice and support from Druid staff on producing, finance, marketing and touring
- Assistance with funding and festival applications
- A fee for each contact-day of the programme, eg: workshops, development periods (in the region of €2,000 per successful applicant)
- Tickets to selected productions at Cork Midsummer and The Mick Lally Theatre
- Tailored networking events