Awards Judging Criteria
- An invitation to the judges should be made a minimum of four weeks prior to a production. The panel might not be in a position to facilitate late invitations.
- To ensure cover, all three judges should be invited to productions.
- The calendar year for judging productions and performances is January to December.
- A minimum of five public performances is required.
- Productions must be staged by professional Irish companies, including theatre for children and young people.
- Revivals of previously staged productions are not eligible.
- Student productions are not eligible.
- Readings, preview performances, dress rehearsals and works-in-progress are not eligible.
- Circus, puppetry and pure dance productions are not eligible.
- Dramas with music and new musical theatre generated by Irish companies can be considered as eligible, at the discretion of the judging panel.
- In exceptional cases an individual can be nominated for more than one production within an award category.