ABBEY THEATRE Amharclann na Mainistreach | Job Description
JOB TITLE: Visitor Services Coordinator
RESPONSIBLE TO: Visitor Services Manager, Box Office Manager
CONTRACT: 28 – 32 hours per week, Permanent
“to bring upon the stage the deeper emotions of Ireland”.
The Abbey Theatre is Ireland’s National Theatre, and a significant part of its role is to reflect our evolving cultural, political and social identity. We do this through the creation, development and production of theatre that seeks to interrogate, challenge, gather and inspire a nation and its people, locally, nationally and internationally. We’ve held this inimitable place in the Irish cultural landscape for over 116 years, since before the formation of the Irish state.
PURPOSE OF JOB:
An opportunity exists for a Visitor Service Coordinator to support a strong sales and customer focused team, enabling the team to work to its highest potential by consistently delivering an efficient, informed, and professional service to Abbey Theatre customers and stakeholders. This person will ensure that each visitor has a positive, engaging experience while also developing new customer and business relationships.
The post holder will work closely in a team of three Visitor Services Coordinators to lead and support staff in Front of House and Box Office teams to deliver on departmental goals and objectives, including sales targets, in the context of the Abbey Theatre’s overall mission, vision and goals.
Duties include but are not limited to:
Sales & Customer Service
- Ensuring that all visitors have a positive experience by implementing and maintaining excellent customer service standards that are reflective of the brand and values of the Abbey Theatre.
- Coordinating and supervising the team across the full range of services – front of house, ticketing, membership, reception, bar, merchandise, events and guided backstage tours, in line with department standards.
- Resolving visitor issues in a timely and professional manner and document all feedback on Tessitura (the Abbey Theatre’s CRM system).
- With the management team, identifying opportunities and implementing
- initiatives to maximise sales and exceed targets, and to make the visitor experience more engaging and memorable
- Ensuring that the day-to-day operations of the Sales and Customer Service team are efficient, that staff coverage is adequate to meet demand and that staff are equipped and informed.
- Supervisory user of Tessitura (CRM), Point of Sale (POS) and TMS (time and attendance) systems.
- Completing cash reconciliation, lodgments, and end of day reporting, compiling with all financial controls.
- Assisting with effective stock management.
- Conducting team briefing sessions as required.
- Maintaining and reviewing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), policies and systems to improved efficiency and reduce costs.
- Acting as Duty Manager and working on assigned projects to improve the visitor experience.
- Supporting, coaching and motivating the Sales and Customer Service team to deliver on sales targets and departmental goals, always leading by example.
- Implementing staff training and development programmes.
- Participate in and contributing to the performance management process.
Health and Safety
- Acting as Chief Fire Marshal in the event of an emergency evacuation and ensure the safety of all visitors and staff.
- Being the point of contact for any incidents/accidents involving customers and ensure that the team adheres to company policy and procedures in line with first aid training.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation. Work closely with colleagues to strengthen interdepartmental relationships and understanding.
- Any other duties as may be deemed reasonable and appropriate.
The post holder will have:
- Proven experience of delivering an exceptional standard of customer service in a high volume sales environment.
- The ability to lead and motivate a diverse team. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of computer literacy is essential, with CRM database or POS experience desirable.
- Demonstrable experience of meeting and exceeding sales targets.
- Good administration and organisational skills, with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and individually, to make decisions, take initiative and prioritise tasks.
- Reliability and the ability to work flexibly and effectively under pressure.
- Cash management and reconciliation experience.
- Ability to react positively to and embrace change.
- An interest in theatre and the arts.
- Customers, suppliers, key stakeholders and Abbey Theatre staff
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Post: This is a part-time permanent role with a 6-month probation period
- Hours: 28 – 32 per week
- Salary: Competitive
- Annual Leave: 24 days per annum (including Good Friday & Christmas Eve) pro rata
- Public Holidays: 10 Public holidays per annum.
- Pension/PRSA: The Abbey Theatre provides employees with access to a pension/PRSA scheme and will match contributions up to 5.5% of salary. Employees must contribute a minimum of 3% to avail of employer contributions. Contributions are made through payroll.
- Life Assurance: The Abbey Theatre Group Life Assurance plan provides a benefit to all employees of 4 times annual salary in the event of death while in service.
- Bike to work/ Bus Eireann/Luas/ Dart Tax Saver
- Employee Assistance Programme: Confidential service for all employees and their family.
- Staff Complimentary Tickets: 1 or 2 complimentary tickets for each show at the Abbey / staff discount for friends and family
To apply, please send the below information:
- Up to date CV
- Cover letter