Expressions of Interest – Theatre Facilitators (Dublin Youth Theatre)
Dublin Youth Theatre (www.dublinyouththeatre.com) represents a vibrant and inclusive community of young people in Dublin, aged 14-22, who are passionate about theatre and performance. We offer a range of practical cross disciplinary workshops, productions, and intensive events throughout the year, all of which are designed to support our members’ creativity, social, personal, and skill development.
Workshop topics range from technical theatre and design, to voice, performance, and character creation, to puppetry, stage management and theatre producing.
We are seeking expressions of interest from passionate and skilled youth/theatre facilitators to join our network of freelancers.
We strongly encourage applications from facilitators who bring diverse perspectives and experiences to our community.
As a facilitator, you will work with young people aged 14-22, leading workshops, rehearsals, or performances in a collaborative and supportive environment. You will have the opportunity to create engaging and meaningful experiences that challenge and inspire young people, helping them to develop their skills and express their creativity.
Ideal candidates will have:
- Practical professional experience of a theatrical discipline as an artist and/or facilitator
- Experience working with young people in a theatre setting, with an understanding of child and youth development
- A passion for creating inclusive and diverse theatre experiences that celebrate difference and challenge stereotypes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with young people
- Experience working with diverse groups and an understanding of culturally responsive practice
We welcome expressions of interest from facilitators of all backgrounds, including those who identify as BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, disabled, or from other underrepresented communities. We are committed to creating a safe and welcoming space for all young people.
One-off workshops are paid at a rate of €50 per hour. Average workshop length is 2 hours.
Longer intensives and initiates are a scaled fee depending on the nature of the work, length of engagement and according to industry standards.
To express your interest in this role, please send your CV and a brief cover letter outlining your experience and why you are interested in working with us to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!More Info