ABBEY THEATRE Amharclann na Mainistreach | Job Description
JOB TITLE: Project Coordinator
RESPONSIBLE TO: General Manager
CONTRACT Full Time/ Permanent
“to bring upon the stage the deeper emotions of Ireland”.
The Abbey Theatre is Ireland’s National Theatre, and a significant part of its role is to reflect our evolving cultural, political and social identity. We do this through the creation, development and production of theatre that seeks to interrogate, challenge, gather and inspire a nation and its people, locally, nationally and internationally. We’ve held this inimitable place in the Irish cultural landscape for over 116 years, since before the formation of the Irish state.
PURPOSE OF JOB
The Abbey Theatre is looking for an experienced Project Coordinator. The ideal candidate is someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and has the ability to coordinate a range of different projects to an exceptional standard.
It is a very varied role, with typical tasks including coordinating project schedules, solving challenges, adhering to project budgets, and reporting on the current state of the project to the sales and customer services management team. This person will ensure that assigned projects stay on track, making it a fulfilling and rewarding position. The ideal candidate will be expected to prepare and present regular progress updates to appropriate management channels, ensuring the innovation we seek is being achieved. They will work closely cross departmentally to deliver on personal and organisational goals and objectives in the context of the Abbey’s overall mission and vision.
Duties of the Project Coordinator include but are not limited to:
- Coordinate RSVP management for opening nights programmed by the Abbey Theatre.
- Draft event management plans to ensure that opening night timelines are delivered in the agreed timeframe.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to deliver on various internal events for example, press launches, book launches and a variety of client events for donors and perspective group bookers.
- Collaborate with the new work team and production managers regarding one off events programmed on stage in the Abbey and Peacock theatres.
- Ensure event plans are signed off by the General Manager and communicated in advance to key people and departments where their resources are required.
- Ensure that the agreed vision and objective of each internal event is delivered to enhance the reputation of the Abbey Theatre.
- Assist in the development of excellent event standards and procedures that are reflective of the brand and values of the Abbey Theatre.
Commercial Events / Sales Support
- Be familiar with our ancillary revenue streams which include but are not limited to: Theatre Skills for Business, Tours & Experiences, Events and group bookings.
- Coordinate planning and running of ancillary events including preparing quotations, proposals and catering orders/ contracts with third party vendors to ensure high standards of communication, presentation and customer care.
- Log all enquiries and discuss the sales pipeline weekly with the Sales Manager.
- Prepare a concise, complete and timely plan for each event booking and communicate effectively to clients and key internal stakeholders.
- Ensure all booking details are accessible and on display to all departments who book space on our schedule.
- Attend weekly departmental meetings with up-to-date enquiries, booking status and confirmed / tentative business.
- Organise contracts, invoices and payments in a timely and efficient manner; provide administrative support to the Sales Manager as appropriate.
- Support the Sales Manager and General Manager with proactive sales and marketing initiatives as required.
- Follow up with clients and update records with post event feedback
- Ensure accurate reporting and recording of tentative and confirmed business is available to management when required
- Work closely and maintain relationships with facilitators
- Attend and represent at relevant industry events
- Ensure to adhere to all best practice procedures
- Understand all functions and systems within the Sales and Customer Service Team with adequate capability to provide regular cover for the Visitor Services Coordinators and act as Duty Manager when required.
- Participate in the performance management process to deliver on company and department objectives.
- Undertake any other tasks as may be deemed reasonable and appropriate.
- At least two years’ proven experience in event management, project management and/or customer service.
- The ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- The ability to coordinate internal and external resources, ensuring projects remain within scope, schedule, and defined budgets
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues, other internal teams and external stakeholders.
- Excellent administration and impeccable attention to detail.
- Excellent people skills and the ability to inspire confidence in all interactions.
- The ability to reactive calmly to change, innovate, and problem solve creatively.
- A demonstrable passion for theatre and good working knowledge of the industry.
To apply, please send the below information:
- Up to date CV
- Cover letter
(Outlining why you want this particular post and highlighting the skills and experience that you could contribute)
Agnieszka Myszka HR Generalist
The closing date for applications is 5 pm on Thursday, 21st October 2021
The Abbey Theatre is an equal opportunities employer