Days: Saturdays/ Sundays
Venue: Teaching posts will be delivered in Temple Bar, Malahide or Sandyford.
Purpose and Scope of the Post: The Gaiety School of Acting – The National Theatre School of Ireland is seeking passionate, skilled, trained and creative musical theatre tutors to deliver a wide varietyof young gaiety drama classes for students aged 4-18 years of age. We require cover for the term starting January 2023.
Young Gaiety Tutor Responsibilities Include:
- Working with the school to develop class content and plans
- Delivery of 10 week class plan structure in advance to School Coordinator
- Keeping accurate records of attendance in class by students
- Providing a full update and student report to the Coordinator twice per term
- Ensuring all Young Gaiety Rules and Regulations are adhered to by studentswhilst in the building
- Attending all mandatory training including annual Child Protection training
- Being courteous and helpful to all students, parent/guardians and school visitorsThe successful applicant will ensure their classes are run according to Gaiety School Of Acting policies, guidelines and procedures and that the Gaiety School of Acting’sGuidelines For The Protection Of Children are implemented correctly.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Fluent English
- Enthusiastic and demonstrable passion for theatre in education
- Possesses an acting qualification encompassing at least two years study.Certificate or Degree in Acting or Musical Theatre is preferred.
- Training in facilitation preferred but not essential
- Ability to lead classes in singing, acting and dance
- Has at least one year prior experience of facilitating workshops and teachingmusical theatre to children aged 4-18 years
- Has prior experience of developing and delivering musical theatre programmesfor young people
- Demonstrates good interpersonal skills and be able to develop and maintaineffective working relationships
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to the ethos of the GaietySchool of Acting
- An ability to handle difficult situations with diplomacy and tact and a comfort inworking with children is essential
- An ability to develop games and exercises that focus the student and improvetheir performance skills
- The ability to plan and deliver ninety minute classes per term which achieve theaims set out in Young Gaiety guidelines
Terms of Employment: These roles are line managed by The School Coordination Team and the General Manager. Rates of pay are €37 per hour. Tutors get approached to do hours as and when needed and agreed in advance. To apply to be a Young Gaiety Tutor for The Gaiety School of Acting, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and copy of your CV. Please write your name and ‘Young Gaiety’ in the subject line to denote which role is preferred. Successful candidates will need to be Garda Vetted for the role and provide photographic ID. Deadline for applications 5pm 2nd December.More Info