(Temporary Contract – 10 months, June 2022 – March 2023)
The Gaiety School of Acting is seeking an enthusiastic, efficient and creative Marketing Manager. The candidate will have a proven track record in Public Relations and Marketing in an education or arts environment. The Marketing Manager will report to the General Manager and the Directors.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for delivering a comprehensive marketing strategy for the GSA with a view to promoting the organisation’s national and international programmes while also launching new initiatives designed to raise its profile.
In particular, the duties of the Marketing Manager will be:
- To develop and implement an effective marketing & branding strategy for the Gaiety School of Acting.
- To build the reputation of the Two Year Professional Actor Training Programme.
- To creatively promote all of the School’s programmes and activities at a Local, National and International level.
- To continually explore all opportunities for developing Young Gaiety and part-time adult programmes throughout Ireland.
- Writing and dissemination of press releases.
- Oversee all Social Media including Linkedin, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tiktok and Youtube, and identify new opportunities and emerging digital platforms.
- To work with designers to oversee the preparation, design and production of all printed publicity material (flyers, posters, brochures etc.) for the school.
- To oversee updating and content management of the school’s website ensuring the maximum effectiveness of that key marketing tool.
- Managing uploading of events to the CRM (Spektrix) and customer analysis via same.
- Compiling and distributing regular e-zines
- To monitor the effectiveness of all print and advertising and to maximise the effect of all publicity and advertising expenditure for the school.
- To be responsible for data collection and effective analysis and use of customer data collected and for monitoring and evaluating marketing activities for the school.
- To develop the GSA sales team through retraining, customer service skills and honing their sales pitch and ensuring that they are familiar with all GSA products.
- To develop awareness of GSA’s international programmes and to foster new relationships with universities based in USA and beyond.
- To assist the Educate team with the promotion of Outreach programmes throughout the country, including Erasmus plus projects and the Shakespeare in Schools programme.
- Work alongside the Corporate and Development Manager to promote the school’s extensive corporate training programmes.
- To assist the Programme Coordinator with the promotion of the school’s showcases and productions.
- Liaising with Alumni to create content for the school’s marketing campaigns.
- Line management of the marketing team, consisting of Digital Media Associate and Social Media Assistant
- Ongoing monitoring of the Irish media for news relating to Graduates
- Any other duties relating to courses as assigned to you by the director.
- Substantial experience in public relations and marketing
- Excellent writing, verbal and communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Adobe products, Web Management software and all Microsoft Office programs.
- Have an abiding interest in theatre and all the performing arts
- Ability to network and be an ambassador for GSA
- Experience with social media and digital marketing
- Computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- Ability to work in a constantly busy work environment with a high level of time management
- Excellent communication skills
- Acute attention to detail and experience in copywriting
- Ability to manage several tasks and projects simultaneously
- Team player
- Fluent English
- Works on initiative
€40,000 pro rata for a 12 month contract
20 per annum
Contract & Working Hours
12 month contract. Full time working week totalling 40 hours to be delivered from Monday to Friday between the office hours of 10am – 6pm with occasional evening and weekend work required. Time off in lieu as per company policy.
All applicants should send a cover letter and CV for the attention of the General Manager by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for receipt of applications is strictly 5pm on Wednesday June 1st 2022More Info