The Helix Theatre
Interim Front of House Manager (25 Hour contract)
The Helix is a multi-purpose arts, entertainment and conference & events centre nestled in the heart of Dublin City University’s vibrant campus located in Glasnevin Dublin 9. Since opening in 2002, the Helix has established itself as a destination of choice for an incomparable range of events attracting audiences from Dublin and beyond with a mixture of high quality music, drama, sport, live TV productions, conferences and general entertainment programming. In line with our continued organisational growth and to ensure the needs of our promoters, patrons and clients continue to be fully met. The Helix is currently recruiting for the role of Front of House Duty Manager.
Location: The Helix, Glasnevin, Dublin 9
Reports to: The General Manager
Summary of Role
The Front of House Manager is responsible for ensuring all clients, patrons, and members of the public have a safe, enjoyable and memorable experience by providing a reliable, customer focused and effective front of house service to the venue. It will be your duty to ensure that from conception to completion each event runs professionally and seamlessly across all departments. Particular attention is required on security, health and safety checks.
The successful applicant will have the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with all relevant departments to ensure the venue and all events operate smoothly and efficiently and in accordance with all Health & Safety standards.
- Coordinate all front of house requirements for events such as conferences, awards ceremonies, shows, performances & University bookings.
- Liaise with bar, box office and duty technicians on event days to ensure each event run seamlessly.
- Meet and greet clients, promoters and conference bookers ensuring they are happy with how the event is setup and the running order. Communicate any changes to the team on site.
- Manage and co-ordinate all Front of House staff (including volunteer staff).
- Ensure fire safety checks are complete and the venue is clean and ready for patrons’ arrival ahead of each event.
- Hold briefings with FOH, bar, box office, technicians, volunteers, security and cleaners.
- Assist any patrons with special needs/ requirements.
- Ensure event goes up on time at start and after interval.
- Complete post event analysis in the form of show reports.
- Ensure IMRO forms are completed after every live music performance.
- Ensure that all front of house staff receive regular first aid training and the appropriate number of first aiders are on duty during events.
- Ensure company Child Protection Policy is fully adhered to.
- If there has been an incident ensure relevant paperwork has been completed.
- Carry out any other task, which may be reasonably required by the Front of House Manager.
Health & Safety
- Be a key member of the Health & Safety Committee to improve and maintain health and safety procedures and policies
- Ensure all front of house staff are familiar with the venue’s fire evacuation procedures and that staff receive regular fire awareness training and participate in regular fire drill practice
- Ensure that all front of house staff receive regular first aid training and the appropriate number of first aiders are on duty during events
- Ensure company Child Protection Policy is fully adhered to
- Report any issues in front of house through the relevant incident reports
- Assist in drawing up any new documentation for promoters in relation to Health & Safety
- Ability to drive excellent customer care.
- Positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a high level of self-motivation.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to manage, develop and motivate work teams to work effectively and provide excellent customer service.
- The ability to provide an effective front of house service while maintaining a relaxed and inviting environment.
- They must be a team player and flexible in work approach.
- Have the ability to multi task, working well in a high pressured, fast-paced working environment.
- Excellent communication and time keeping skills
- A desire to provide positive contributions to cross departmental collaborations and meetings
- They must be available to work anti-social hours (evenings and weekends) as business needs.
- A qualification in first aid would be desirable but not essential.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
Remuneration: Competitive Salary based on Experience
Please submit a cover letter outlining what attracts you to the role and what you believe you can bring to the position, and a copy of your updated CV to the email address email@example.com
Closing Date: 31st October 2021