SALARY: €32,000 (with the potential for an incremental increase after year 1 and year 2)
CONTRACT: Full-time, permanent role – subject to public funding.
The Linenhall Arts Centre is looking for a dynamic, enthusiastic person who will strengthen our team and help us drive our mission of providing an arts service for all in the community.
We are currently looking to appoint a new full-time General Manager, commencing Mon 11 Oct 2021. The General Manager will report to and is responsible to the Director.
This is a vital role within the organisation and the General Manager will work alongside the Director on the overall management of the administration, business, financial and marketing resources of the Linenhall and the efficient delivery thereof. This includes managing the overall day-day operations and administration of the Centre; marketing responsibilities; support to the Finance Officer; and human resource management.
This is a hands-on role that requires strong personal and organisational skills, a friendly and welcoming manner and excellent communication skills. The General Manager acts as the public face of the Linenhall Arts Centre.
As well as coordinating and delivering the Linenhall’s organisational, administration, business and marketing processes, a key responsibility of the General Manager is to act as an information provider on behalf of the Linenhall for members, writers and the general public.
Operations and general administration of the organisation
- Managing the overall smooth day-to-day running of the organisation
- Supporting the team in delivery of events programme, gallery programme and all other events and activities – Dealing with all general enquiries and communications from the general public
- Office management including box office systems, adequate staffing etc
- Writing and collating documents in various contexts as required e.g. contracts etc
- Working with the Director in managing insurance and related requirements
- Management of room hire with support from the Building Manager
- Management of staff schedules to ensure building is properly staffed
- Support and collaboration with the Building Manager on building infrastructure
- Support and collaboration with the Building Manager on the management of all health and safety, environmental health, trading standards and other regulations as adhered to in the Linenhall Arts Centre.
- Supports the Director in the implementation of a marketing plan for the organisation
- Developing marketing and promotional campaigns
- Press/Publicity/Website/Social Media: drafting and distribution of press materials and releases, event and invite management, social media pages (with support from the Director)
- Writing up the weekly newsletter (with support from the Director)
- Staff and Human Resource Management
- In consultation with the Director, the General Manager has responsibility for;
- The recruitment and supervision of staff
- Supervising, developing and implementing staff training and professional development where required (including mentorship and management of Tús/CE positions)
- Show leadership amongst all Linenhall’s public-facing staff
- Developing a Volunteer and Internship programme for the Linenhall
Membership & Fundraising
- Managing the membership programme
- Developing and expanding our Tiered Membership Programme through direct contact
- Supporting the Director in the Linenhall’s new fundraising initiative
Finance (Support role only to the Finance Officer)
- Annual budgets and targets and communication of same to all departments
- Financial management strategies and long-term financial planning
- Managing income and expenditure, cash flow, annual audit and annual return
- Managing data entry for all cash, cheque, visa, PayPal payments etc
- Processing payments for events, workshops etc
- Managing incoming and outgoing invoices and online payments and banking
- Day-to-day financial accounting, including producing cashflow and profit & loss charts on a monthly basis
- Managing staff payroll
Desirable Knowledge and Understanding
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the cultural sector environment
- Enthusiasm and appreciation for the contemporary arts
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills and an ability to work on one’s own initiative and while under pressure
- Display a high degree of initiative with a creative approach to problem solving and be highly self-motivated with an excellent eye for detail
- Willingness to work irregular and flexible hours
- A high level of computer literacy and knowledge of all Microsoft Office packages
- The ability to respond to a varying workload by managing tasks and time efficiently
- Experience and understanding of financial management is desirable but not essential
- An understanding of the Linenhall Arts Centre, its origins, its development and its place in the arts ecology of Mayo and Ireland
- Experience of managing relationships in a variety of contexts in reference to internal and external stakeholders
- Experience and understanding of building/operations management
- Experience of health & safety management is desirable but not essential
- Experience of Human Resources and leading and motivating a team – Knowledge of Ticketsolve or similar box office systems is desirable but not essential
- A good team player and an excellent timekeeper
Please email a cover letter and current CV to Bernadette Greenan at email@example.com Fri 1 Oct 2021 at 5pm. Queries can be made to Bernadette Greenan firstname.lastname@example.org or 094 9023733More Info