REPORTING TO: Creative Director and GTF Board of Directors, the General Manager is responsible for: assisting the Creative Director in Festival artistic, financial, operations and logistical management. The successful candidate will be a team player, passionate about theatre and supporting innovative and emerging theatre in line with the Galway Theatre Festival ethos.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in a similar arts-related area, demonstrating a track record in Arts Management
- Experience building and managing budgets
- Knowledge of the Galway and Irish independent theatre scene, and additional knowledge of
other performance disciplines in the region – circus, spectacle, storytelling, etc.
- A deep passion for Theatre and Art and a vision for what the theatre and performance in Galway and the West of Ireland can bring to local, national and international audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of using QuickBooks,
- A track record of applying for, and receiving, public funding at local and/or national level
- Understanding of the challenges relating to inclusion and diversity in the arts and ideas to address these challenges
- Knowledge of the Irish Language – spoken and written communication
- Project management experience
- An approach that values teamwork, collaboration, clear communication, entrepreneurial approaches, and a good sense of humour.