FACILITIES AND MAINTENANCE MANAGER
Permanent Full time position
Salary scale: Grade VII (Senior Executive Officer)
Commencing on point 1 of the Grade VII scale which is €50,832 per annum.
Full salary scale: (1) €50,382, (2) €52,075, (3) €53,527, (4) €54,984, (5) €56,444, (6) €57,747, (7) €59,076, (8) €60, 367, (9) €61,652, (10) €63,863 (LSI)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week Annual Leave: 29 days annual leave Reporting to: RIAM Director
The RIAM, as a national conservatoire for music in Ireland, is embarking on one of the most transformational phases in its 170-year history. We are in the midst of the major re- development of our premises on Westland Row, a fully funded project which is set to complete in 2022.
The new campus will have:• 75 acoustically- designed teaching studios• 300+ seat professional standard recital hall with a quality AV spec • Opera studio• 60 seat lecture hall• Music therapy and sonic arts hubs• 4 ensemble rehearsal rooms• 1 library/research hub
The current conservatoire campus is based over 3 Georgian Houses 36-38 Westland Row, as well as a library space in No 40 Westland Row, and temporary accommodation on Cumberland Row and North Great George’s Street.
Property Management & Maintenance:
- Preventative Maintenance
- Identify issues & undertake general day to day upkeep of the buildings (inside & out)
- Undertake emergency repairs
- Pat testing
- Manage annual maintenance & services SLAs
- Identify potential improvements & cost benefit of change
- Oversee work of contractors – ensure satisfactory completion & follow up on shortcomings
- Ensure stocks of consumables are ordered and maintained.
- Management of room booking system (ASIMUT)
- Manage set up, cleaning & maintenance of rooms
- Oversee cleaning schedule & ensure it is consistently of high standard.
- Manage and roster internal cleaners & 3rd party providers as needed.
- Monitor & manage the security & integrity of the building & facilities.
- Management of security & CCTV
- Manage and roster internal porters & 3rd party security providers as needed.
Environmental Waste Management:
- Coordinate waste disposal for the building in line with college policies.
- Work with greater management team to achieve best energy & waste management policy
- Manage direct reports (Porters/Cleaners/Security/Front Desk)
- Train & support staff
- Roster management
- Maintenance Log
- Fixed Assets register
- Provide SOPs for all areas of responsibility
- Health & Safety Log
- Effective Management of the facilities budget ensuring value for money and planned objectives are achieved.
- Identify best suppliers for ongoing services (cleaning, waste, security, specialised repairs etc.) and negotiate contracts.
- Health & Safety (including Fire Safety) – development of all relevant policies and systems that deliver risk mitigation.
- Ensure statutory Health and Safety training is identified and undertaken.
- Risk Assessments – ongoing
- Ensure appropriate indemnity is in place
- Respond & plan for all contingencies & emergencies
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- A qualification in Building Services / Engineering or a trade (carpenter/plumber/electrician)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience (as facilities manager/site management/projectmanager/Operations Management)
- Qualification in facilities or health and safety management desirable
- Familiarity with SEAI reporting desirable (not essential).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent contract management and negotiation skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritise & work under pressure
- Strong people management skills
- Strong reporting skillsCLOSING DATES AND INTERVIEW INFORMATION
The closing date for applications is 22nd October 2021 at 4.00pm. Interviews will take place during the 8th and 9th November. CV and Cover Letter should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for the attention of Ruth Meehan. Queries can be emailed to email@example.com.More Info