The Ark wishes to recruit an Engagement and Participation Coordinator to support the delivery of the Engagement and Advocacy objectives of The Ark Strategy Statement 2021-23:
- Listen to children’s view of our work and employ participative decision-making by children in relation to children’s cultural needs and our artistic programme.
- Increase the depth and breadth of our pre-school and school engagement with a particular focus on teachers.
- Build a long-term relationship with our neighbourhood schools.
- Deliver more inclusive experiences for audiences with disabilities and actively seek out those audiences.
- Reach out to groups, ensembles and partner organisations to promote and facilitate equality of access for marginalised children.
- Cultivate our adult audience of teachers, artists, parents and guardians.
- Promote the voice of the child inside and outside of The Ark.
- Make the case for the inherent value of art in children’s lives with government and other policy makers.
- Play our part in raising public awareness of every child’s right to culture as set out in our founding principles and in article 31 of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child in partnership with other like-minded organisations in civil society.
Working closely with the rest of The Ark’s team and The Ark Artists in Residence, the Engagement & Participation Coordinator will make connections between The Ark’s participation work and its artistic programme.Job Description More Info