Development & Marketing Manager
Reports To: Managing Director & Board Development Subcommittee.
Direct Reports: Festival Marketing team
Works directly with: Festival Director, Festival Administrator, Publicist, Marketing team(Festival Time).
Flexible mix of working in Dublin office and working remotely
Duration: 3 years Full-Time Contract
DEVELOPMENT & MARKETING MANAGER– JOB DESCRIPTION
Virgin Media Dublin International Film Festival is Ireland’s premier film event and has built a formidable reputation for delivering the very best in international film and film talent to Irish and International audiences each year.
Reporting to the Managing Director and Board, the Development & Marketing Manager will lead the development and marketing agenda for the Festival and lead all fundraising efforts.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Lead the delivery of a 3-year fundraising and development plan in consultation with the MD, Board, and consultant where required.
- Meet the development and fundraising targets, metrics and key delivery dates
- Initiate contact and build relationships with potential donors/sponsors
- Ensure that the relationships with key funders and sponsors are managed to the highest of standards.
- Schedule fundraising events liaising with programming and management
- Ensure that support from funders and sponsors is accurately acknowledged across all PR, advertising and communication campaigns, and in line with agreements
- Create strong visual assets, presentations, advertising campaigns and sales tools.
- Be fully aware and up to date with all grants and schemes as they arise throughout the year
- Prepare and submit strong applications to funders and trusts and advise on areas which require strengthening
- Oversee and deliver proposals for trusts, foundations and sponsors
- Identify new sources of income and strategies to achieve them
- Oversee the development and maintenance of up-to-date databases of clients, sponsors, charities and fundraising bodies
- Prioritise relationship cultivation and management
- Ensure all sponsors and funders are fully up to date on all events across the year and during the festival season
- Lead the Marketing team during Festival Season, recruiting and managing staff
- Follow the Audience Development strategy in place and work with consultant to ensure continued success
- Update the website, creating new and exciting content
- Manage all social media accounts, mailchimp and newsletter
- Working with the Marketing Manager, create a festival brochure
- Carry out any other duties as deemed appropriate by the MD and Board
- Proven ability to deliver on targets.
- Strong experience of maintaining successful funders and sponsor relationships.
- Understanding of funding for film and arts/culture or charity registered organisations.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills,
- Be deadline driven
- Strong interpersonal, communication and writing skills, and strict attention to detail.
- Ability to create dynamic presentation and design assets
- A team player with strong collaborative skills, a positive attitude, self-confidence, professionalism, common sense and flexibility.
- Ability to respond flexibly and in a timely manner to the particular demands of working in a festival context.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven experience of working in development, sponsorship and fundraising
- Experience/Understanding of working in a driven high-speed environment (desired)
- Understanding of design software and applications (desired)
- Relevant degree in Marketing or Development
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) Microsoft 365 Outlook, Teams and Zoom, Project Management software
- Excellent working knowledge of all social media platforms, google analytics,
- Working in the arts or charity sector
- Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Closing date for application Friday Aug 6th 5pm.Interviews will be held online