Part-Time Daytime Receptionist
Days: Monday – Wednesday
The Gaiety School of Acting – The National Theatre School of Ireland seeks an enthusiastic, and organised individual to fill the position of Part-Time Receptionist. The candidate will have a proven track record in customer service and excellent communication skills. The Receptionist acts as the first point of contact and provides administrative support across the company. This post reports to the Head Receptionist.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Building: responsible for opening the building in a timely manner for classes to begin
- Customer Service: efficient and professional handling of all calls, emails and walk-in customer queries relating to school information, course information, student registration, course booking, room booking, and appointments
- Administration: Support for course staff; attendance, photocopying, room bookings, distribution of class material. Administrative support to the business including any other delegated tasks or duties from the Director and General Manager
- Sales: Assisting the marketing department in sales initiatives for forthcoming courses, including calls and email communications.
- Cash-handling: Managing sales and reconciling cash at the end of the day
- Direct Debit: processing and reconciling all direct debits
- Accounting/database: fee payment collection and processing and daily cash sheet accounting.
- Switchboard: efficient handling and distribution of all inbound calls in a professional and accurate manner
- Collections: sensitive and accurate processing of invoices and the out-bound fee collections calls
- Communication/Escalation: hand over of information to the next shift
- Attendance: update database on class attendance and update full time attendance daily and inform Coordinator of update.
- Building Management: Management of studio bookings, Office maintenance and upkeep, DIY up keep
- Security: Responsible and appropriate response to any emergency that may occur
- Audition preparation: arranging with the Director the audition dates and contacting all auditionees re their audition.
- Assist Marketing: forward all job info, interview request and picture requests to Marketing.
- Child protection and consent forms: assist coordinator in maintenance and upkeep of records.
- One year’s experience as a receptionist or in an administrative role
- Interest in the arts
- Excellent timekeeping
- Proven track record of using your initiative
- Excellent people and communication skills
- Sales experience welcome but not essential
- Ability to work in a fast and dynamic environment
- Polite phone manner
- Proficient computer skills, particularly word and excel
- Organisational skills
- Fluent English
Please email a copy of your CV and letter of application to email@example.com including two references.
The rate of pay is €10.50 an hour. This is a 24 hour week contract.
The closing date for receipt of all applications is 5pm Wednesday 1st of June 2022More Info