JOB TITLE: Community and Education Coordinator
RESPONSIBLE TO: Community and Education Manager
CONTRACT: 40h Permanent
The Abbey Theatre is Ireland’s National Theatre and occupies a unique position in the hearts and minds of Irish people. It comprises two theatres: the Abbey, with a seating capacity of 492 seats, and the Peacock, with a seating capacity of 157 seats. The Abbey is committed to producing a year round programme of work both on and off stage, with the priority to create work of excellence, which not only showcases Irish and international drama but also engages with the artistic and civic life of contemporary Ireland.
The Community and Education department is central to diversifying, deepening and widening public engagement at the Abbey Theatre. Its aim is to open up the national theatre so everyone can participate. It does this by animating the artistic and creative programme through engagement with community organisations, educational institutions and the general public.
PURPOSE/OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
The Community and Education department works both with Abbey colleagues and in collaboration with facilitators, theatre companies, artists, educational organisations and other cultural institutions. It provides a diverse range of activities including applied drama projects, pre and post show workshops, public talks, master classes and assisted performances as well as resource packs and other educational support materials. It also has particular responsibility for monitoring and encouraging the Theatre for Young Audiences sector in the country.
The Community and Education Coordinator coordinates the activity of the department. This involves maintaining an overview of all ongoing work, supporting the Community and Education Manager in its delivery as well as taking a lead on agreed projects.
Duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- To help foster relations with Community and Education partners, including community groups, schools, artists, facilitators and other partners, as appropriate, and to act as a point of contact for the department.
- Liaise with key Abbey departments to ensure the smooth running of all Community and Education events.
- Manage budgets for all Community and Education projects and liaise with the Finance department.
- To act as support to the Community and Eduation Manager and undertake any other tasks as may be deemed reasonable and appropriate.
- To keep up-to-date with current developments in arts education and arts participation to ensure we are exemplifying best practice.
- To manage existing projects and help design and initiate future ones as required.
- To help generate copy for assisted performances with the Communications department.
- Agree, manage and coordinate the schedule for all assisted performances with interpreters and internally including transport, unit placement and dissemination of information.
- To help build and maintain the education records in Tessitura, the Abbey Theatre’s database.
- To act as a contact point and gather information during our educational projects, such as schools tours and pre-show workshops.
- To support the department’s work with Government and other educational partners in curriculum change and consultancy
- Develop, update and maintain Community and Education records on Tessitura, the Abbey Theatre’s database, collate financial and statistical information, and complete relevant reports to support the evaluation, monitoring and archiving Community and Education projects.
- Develop the Community and Education area on the website in collaboration with Communications.
- Communications (Marketing and Press)
- Technical and Stage Management
- Sales & Customer Services (Box Office, Front of House and Events)
- Community Groups, especially in the local Community
- Education sector
- Potential new audience segments and education groups
- Education and Access industry professionals