The Séamus Ennis Arts Centre is seeking a box office administrator to join our small, busy team.
The successful candidate will provide friendly and responsive customer service to patrons of SEAC both over the phone and in person.
Duties will include all aspects of box office administration from setting up and maintaining ticketing for events to dealing with ticketing enquiries and providing box office services at SEAC’s events.
- Minimum one year’s experience in box office and ticketing
- Excellent computer skills including the Microsoft packages (Excel, Word, Outlook etc.)
- Experience of Ticketsolve or other computerised ticketing system
- Friendly and courteous in dealing with the public
- Organised and methodical with attention to detail
- Ability to contribute effectively to a small team
- Professional and trustworthy with ability to work on own initiative
- Own transport essential
- The successful candidate will be subject to Garda vetting
Terms & Conditions
- Pay scale: hourly rate commensurate with experience.
- Hours of work: Part-time, variable, including evening and weekend work in conjunction with events.
- Paid holidays
- Contract duration: Permanent (with 6-month probation period)
Applications, including a CV and cover letter, should be submitted by e-mail to Director@tseac.ie
Closing date for applications: June 30 2022
Box Office Duties
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the box office ticketing system. Keep up-to-date with and implement any system developments and inform the centre’s staff of any changes.
- Perform ongoing maintenance on the box office ticketing system’s database and eliminate duplicates on a timely basis.
- Set up events on the box office ticketing system. Ensure that dates and pricing are correct and that any discounts and Friend’s benefits are correctly applied.
- Process ticket sales online, via phone and on-site from TSEAC’s office.
- Print and post tickets as per online or phone orders.
- Handle phone & email queries regarding processing ticket sales, generation of refunds and exchanges, Friend’s benefits and discounts and any other technical queries.
- Generate and monitor marketing reports and provide reports to management.
- Complete all the event/artist report figures of the gig/event and payment of artist if required. Ensure sign-off from artist. Adhere to company policy to ensure that artists receive payment on-line unless previously authorised by management. Obtain bank details where no previous bank details have been supplied by artist.
- Obtain IMRO filings or undertaking that artists will file online.
- Provide event sheets to accounts personnel in a timely manner.
- Where required by artist undertake merchandising sales. Ensure that artists sign off on the number of items handed over for sale at the outset and once sales are complete that they further sign off on items returned, cash received and percentage retained by TSEAC.
- Maintain a friendly relationship with the public by dealing with customer concerns in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain a professional box office appearance. Open box office on time to welcome arriving patrons and to process walk-up sales. Ensure that box office is operational during interval to facilitate sales of upcoming events.
- Verify float at the beginning of the event and at the end of the event sign off on the float amount and secure in the safe.
- Liaise with other staff and consultants regarding linkages between box office ticketing system and other marketing tools/software.