Friars’ Gate Theatre and Arts would like to invite applications for the role of Artistic Director/Manager.
Established in 1997, Friars’ Gate is an intimate 130 seat venue in the heart of Munster at Kilmallock, County Limerick.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic, enthusiastic, organised individual who will be a key member of our small team. This person will demonstrate an ability to manage budgets, prioritise workloads and will have excellent written and communication skills with flexibility to work unsocial hours.
To manage, direct and improve Friars’ Gate Theatre and Arts in all its activities and pursuits.
- The day to day running of the theatre, maintaining a safe and welcoming environment. You will be required to be available to oversee the smooth running of events at the venue and will be responsible for the availability of the necessary personnel essential to the smooth running of performances.
- You will lead, develop and maximise the venue artistically, organisationally and financially in collaboration with the Board.
- Responsible for research, creation and implementation of visual, performing, educational and outreach programmes.
- You will support and develop artists and performers either individually or in groups.
- You will encourage the exhibitions of visual art in all of its forms within the premises.
- You will develop strategic alliances both artistically and organisationally decided on by the Board.
- You will attend as requested Board meetings and general meetings of the company, prepare and present relevant reports.
- You will ensure that relevant administration is effectively carried out with regard to negotiation, preparation and issuing of contracts.
- You will develop and maintain good relationship with the Arts Council, Pobal, Local Authority and other agencies, venues and galleries.
- You will ensure all policies relevant to the safe, secure and correct operation of the centre are adhered and are regularly reviewed and updated.
- You will be responsible for financial planning, reporting and budgeting, actively seekingand applying for grants, sponsorship to support the venue’s programme and to ensure the venue’s financial stability.
- You will develop and execute appropriate marketing plans.
- You will maximise earned income.
- You will act as spokesperson for the venue.
Contract Terms Offered:
The successful applicant will be offered an initial 1-year contract with the possibility of a three year contract. Salary is set at €35,000. A probationary period will apply. The position will be subject to reference checks and Garda clearance.
Please forward a copy of your CV and letter of application by email to Deirdre Ahern – firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 24th September, 2021. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview.