Following the Government announcement on 31st August 2021 there is now a two-step reopening plan in place, with the prospect of of all arts and culture sector specific guidelines being removed by 22 October.
Full details of what happens at each stage can be found in the plan for the Government’s response to this next and final phase of the Covid-19 pandemic, Reframing the challenge, continuing our recovery and reconnecting.
Here is a list of useful resources as we move towards a full reopening of the sector from 22 October. We will update this with any new guidelines issued.
- The key guidance on capacities and guidance can be found in the Government’s Reframing the Challenge document.
- The Guidelines for Reopening Venues and Events have been developed for large venues and events, though the principles outlined within it can be applied to any arts centre and theatre.
- The HSA’s Work Safely Protocol is the current advice on the Public Health measures needed to reduce the spread of COVID-19 in the community and workplaces. It sets out the responsibilities of all employers across all sectors including the performing arts. This document was updated on 20th September 2021.
- An updated Government guidance note, Returning Safely to the Workplace, for Businesses and Employers has been issued to support the Work Safely Protocol.
- The Data Protection – Work Safely Protocol guidance document has been prepared to assist in providing the necessary clarification to employers (and their representatives) where the measures set out in the Protocol may result in the processing of personal data.
- To support the preparation for returning to the workplace, the Health and Safety Authority (HSA) has produced an additional series of checklists and templates to help employers, business owners and managers get their business up and running again.
Covid-19 Pre-Return to Work form
Covid-19 Response Plan
Checklist 1 – Planning and Preparing
Checklist 2 – Infection Prevention and Control (IPC) Measures
Checklist 3 – Covid19 Induction
Checklist 4 – Dealing with a Suspected Case of Covid-19
Checklist 5 – Cleaning and Disinfection
Checklist 8 – Ventilation
Checklist 9 – Returning to the Office
Checklist 10 – Rapid Antigen Diagnostic Tests (RADTs)
- The HSA’s Returning to the Office checklist should be the basis for discussions between employers and workers. This checklist has been drafted based on the Work Safety Protocol and should be read in conjunction with it.
- Fáilte Ireland’s Operational Guidelines, aligned with the Work Safely Protocol, have been developed collaboratively to assist businesses to apply guidance to their operations.
- Document about Proof of Immunity for people without an EU Vaccination passport.
- Ticketsolve blog on Lifting Restrictions in Ireland for Arts, Culture and Heritage: Answering Questions and Sharing Best Practices.
- Theatre Forum held a Reopening Forum on Tuesday 7 September on Zoom.
Our panel included: Sharon Barry and Deirdre Mahony, Department of Tourism, Culture Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media; Paul Fadden, Ticketsolve; Pete Jordan, Slua; Nick Anton, Dunamaise Arts Centre; Liam Fitzgerald, Bord Gais Energy Theatre/AIST; Cian O’Brien, Project Arts Centre/NCFA
You can watch a full recording of the session here
Read a live transcript (note recorded by Otter.ai and not proofed for typos)
- The Arts Council have guidelines for children. These are currently being updated to reflect the new guidelines. Post-October 22 it is hoped that all restrictions will be removed.
- Many of your questions on what’s possible have already been answered by the Cultural Support Unit. If you’ve any other questions, please send them to CulturalSupports@tcagsm.gov.ie.