Theatre Forum held a finance event on 11 March at 11am with auditors UHY Farrelly Dawe White Limited. The session covered implications and considerations around EWSS, TWSS, and PUP retrospectively and going forward.
Below are some of the questions we answered during the session.
A transcript with audio is available on this link.
Employment Wage Subsidy Scheme (EWSS)
- EWSS eligibility in 2021
- EWSS income calculations
- Rates payable and eligibility of newly hired people, including artists
- Your questions on the operation of the EWSS scheme
Pandemic Unemployment Payment (PUP)
- PUP being taxed in real-time in 2021 if people return to work – implications
Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme (TWSS)
- Tax liabilities for employees coming out of TWSS in 2020
- What options do employees have if they have a tax liability for 2020?
- Can employers pay the liability on behalf of employees?
- Does the employer receive tax relief if they pay employees tax liability?
NCFA held a session on 25 February with Peter Daly on recent announcements from Revenue and how they might affect artists and arts workers who receive PUP or EWSS payments, their tax credits and their tax bill at the end of this year. You can watch a recording of that here.